Saturday, February 6, 2010

Don't Call Me Mommy

So if you've been following the news you may have heard about this small snow storm hitting the East Coast. You know, the one dumping an ice age worth of snow? Yeah, we're right in the middle of that. It's just swell. And the kids and I have been stuck in the house since yesterday morning. So we're going on 36 hours of blizzard enforced quality time. And if I hear "Mommmmmyyyyyyyy" one more time, I may lose my mommy mind.

I know it doesn't make much sense since we're homeschooling now and they're with me all the time anyway. But I think there is some powerful psychological shift that takes place in the tender minds of my munchkins when an outside force, like the blizzard that won't end, makes our together time less of a choice and more of a sentence.

Hopefully the snow will stop tonight and tomorrow I can dig out our front door and toss the cabin fever siblings out into the freshly fallen snow. Then I hope the only "Mommmmmyyyyyyy" I hear will be from one of my children stuck in a snow drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment