Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Gonna Get my Independence On"

Ok, here's my new favorite homeschool resource. Liberty's Kids. Seriously, have you seen it? It's a PBS show that was canceled, syndicated out and then canceled again. We get it through Netflix and my kids love it. Like, crazy love it. I mean they hear the theme song and come running like I said it was raining candy. Toys are dropped, all fighting ceases and they sit enraptured for an entire episode and then beg to watch another one.

And I'll admit it, I like it too. It's entertaining and chock full of educational goodness. Although it took some doing for me to get on board with listening to Sylvester Stallone as the voice of Paul Revere. "Yo, Adrienne the British is comin'!" (Ok, that wasn't actually in the show...but it's funny, right?)

So if you haven't seen it, here's the surprisingly catchy theme song complete with Aaron Carter rapping "Gonna get my independence on...red, white & blue don't give up, you represent America!" Don't blame me if your foot starts tapping. But it's ok, I won't tell.

2 comments:

  1. My son just told me that he "really, really, really, really want that movie" .... netflix hu? how about the library?
    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked the library, but they might have it. It's lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete