Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's One of Those Days...

It's cold, it's windy and the kids are a little stir crazy. Toss in a mom who didn't get enough sleep last night and who adamently despises being cold and you get a handy recipe for disaster. And that folks is where we are today. *Sigh*

So, seeing that my happy place has a "closed for repairs" sign on the door and the fact that I've already had hasty words escape my mouth (for which I had to apologize to my kids) and I'm just in general doing a pretty good imitation of Oscar the Grouch, I decided I should stay away from the blog. I didn't want to be responsible for spoiling someone's chipper chipper-ness with my "Bah Humbug." Can you even say "Bah Humbug" after Christmas? Is there some no Scrooge after Christmas rule like the whole no white shoes after Labor Day thing? Or is it no tree climbing after Arbor Day?

Anyway, so there I was, sulking and muttering in my pout when I stumbled across this little gem from Heart of Wisdom. Top 20 Advantages to Homeschooling. And it made me giggle, which made me smile, which made me think, "I bet someone else needs to read this today too."

So since I don't know the rules about sharing blog stuff and I don't want to get in trouble with the blog police, I'll leave you with a few of my favorites and let you click your way over to Robin's blog to read the rest. It's worth it.

My favs:

1. Your kids never tell you that you’re a lot dumber than their teacher.

6. You can post the Ten Commandments on your schoolroom wall and won’t get sued.

10. If you get caught talking to yourself, you can claim you’re having a PTA meeting. (Haha!! Love it!)

17. Your child may get called names by a sibling but not a stranger. But you can punish the sibling.

And the one that made me laugh the hardest....

19. If your child claims that the dog ate his homework, you can ask the dog.

Bwahahahaha!!

Thanks, Robin!

No comments:

Post a Comment