Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Frustration

So my day started out well. I woke up, peeked out the window, saw snow...day went downhill from there. First, a word of explanation. I am from California. Southern California. I don't do snow. I don't do cold. A "snow event" for me is when my ice maker overflows. So when I crawl out from under my electric blanket and see white stuff falling from the sky, my mood is less than jolly.

However, today as I looked out upon the cold, snowy, snowness, I felt a tiny stirring of glee. Now that we homeschool our school is never closed. Bwaaaahaaahaaa! (That's my merciless mommy laugh). Snow day? What's that? Get your books!

Ella was great about starting the school day. We did our family devotional and Jack even helped pray. His adorable 3 year old prayer goes something like this, "Jesus. Amen." Then we sat down to do her Language work and her sunny disposition disappeared. She can't stand her Language Arts curriculum. And I mean she loathes it with a captial "oh please don't make me do it"

And unfortunately my patience level was just not there today. I woke up with the sniffles (stupid snow) so I was already not feeling well. And when I don't feel well, I'm not exactly a people person....even for little people. Finally, after much whining, complaining and procrastinating (and it wasn't me this time), we got through her lesson and moved on to math. Then they got to go outside and play in the snow.

Now, I'm back to researching curriculum. Cause even I don't like this Language course. But that's why we are experimenting this semester. Everything else has been a hit, so one bad apple in the curriculum bunch isn't too bad.

Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment