Monday, January 25, 2010

Some Things Are Worth Paying For

As I believe in honesty and truthfulness and all that stuff, I have already shared with you, my faithful readers, that I have a thrifty side. I tend toward the frugal and budget conscious side of things. I have been known to splurge when the occasion calls for it, but most of the time you won't catch me paying retail price for anything. And apparently I am so cheap...uh, I mean financially sensitive...that I'd rather lose 2 hours of my life making something by hand than spend $10 to buy it.

How do I know this very interesting and very specific fact about myself? I just spent 2 hours making math flashcards for my darling Ella. Addition and subtraction. Double sided. Answers on one side, no answers on the reverse. Yep, that's 2 hours I will never get back.

I already had the blank index cards and a black Sharpie on hand so when I saw flash cards at a store known for its low prices priced at $3.00 a set I quickly decided that I'd rather save the cash and make them myself.

And guess what, somethings are worth buying. The cards are fine, they work, the answers are correct (I hope). But what a massive pain in the sitting part of my anatomy. After an hour or so, all the number started to fuzz together so I actually had to double check my answers a few times. And I still have to do the multiplication cards. And no I can't just go buy those cards because I already started the process so now I have to finish it or my mental health will be in jeopardy. Plus, this way all the cards will match. :)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. But do they really match? Is your handwriting consistent at the end of the pile when your "sensitive sitting part" is sore and your eyesight is blurry?

    ReplyDelete